Who are T-CAEIL services and activities offered to?
We encourage participation of students enrolled in focused academic enrichment coursework.
SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES OFFERED
- Academic Enrichment Consultations
- Lab/Recitation Enrichment (Communications/Mathematical, Scientific and Quantitative Reasoning)
- Enrichment Workshops/Seminars
- Tutorials/Supplemental Instruction
SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES DESCRIPTION
- Academic Enrichment Consultations provide students with assistance utilizing the various services, activities, and resource materials offered by T-CAEIL.
- Lab Enrichment (Communications/Mathematical, Scientific and Quantitative Reasoning) provides students with support in the development of skills needed to facilitate their transition and positive adjustment to the University learning environment, and supports faculty teaching efforts through reinforcement of appropriate course content for English 101/102, Chemistry 231, Math 107/108, and Physics 301, by utilization of lab and recitation sessions.
- Enrichment Workshops/Seminars provide students with learning techniques and strategies to promote academic excellence in the overall learning experience. The workshops/seminars are led by faculty, students, and staff.
- Tutorials/Supplemental Instruction (SI) provide students with assistance in understanding course materials and application of concepts through review sessions and learning skills activities with peer-tutors. Peer-tutors do not proofread, solve questions, or complete assignments on behalf of the student.
T-CAEIL activities and services are concentrated on providing assistance for gatekeeper courses (GKC):
- English Composition (ENGL 101/102)
- General Chemistry (CHEM 231)
- General Physics (PHYS 301)
- Pre-Calculus (MATH 107/108)
- General Biology (BIO 111/112)
Who can make referrals to these services?
- Faculty and staff may refer a student for an individual academic enrichment consultation
- A student can initiate contact without a referral as well
- Additionally, appointments for tutorial sessions can be made within the resource center (70-127) or via online.
- Appointments with tutors are available for the following courses at the following times: