Posting Date: April 22, 2013 Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Position: Postdoctoral Research Associate
(This is a full-time position)
- Plan experiments and conduct research independently with minimal supervision using multiplex real-time PCR and nanotechnology methods
- Upkeep of the laboratory and, ordering inventories as needed
- Prepare and publish peer-reviewed manuscripts in appropriate journals
- Present research papers in local/regional and national scientific meetings
- Assist underrepresented minority graduate and undergraduate students participating in research in the laboratory
- PhD in molecular biology/microbiology or related areas
- Experience in multiplex real-time PCR assays and nanotechnology based methods for the detection of microbial agents as evidenced by published manuscripts
- Provide excellent customer service in a courteous manner
- Must be a team player
Commensurate with training, experience, and University Compensation Plant
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources Management, 101 Kresge Center, Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, Alabama 36088. Each applicant should submit (3) letters of reference and a copy of the appropriate transcript for the educational requirement.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.